Aeropress espresso maker
The AeroPress by Aerobie, Inc. brings out the best in every bean. Its unique brewing method gives the richest coffee flavor, with less bitterness and acidity, and no grounds left in your cup!
Aeropress is also compact, sturdy and produces minimal mess, making it an ideal coffee companion for home or on the go. Coffee grounds are brewed with full immersion and then pushed through a paper filter (or metal filters), to create a smooth, rich and grit-free coffee. The whole process takes just two minutes from ‘go to flow’. This little device facilitates numerous brewing methods and caters to an extensive range of coffee preferences.
You can make from one to four cups per pressing. Each pressing only takes about a minute, so you can serve a houseful of guests in a few minutes. Just follow these easy steps:
- Remove the plunger and the cap from the chamber.
- Put a micro-filter inside the cap and twist the cap onto the chamber.
- Stand the chamber on a sturdy mug. A glass mug is fun. It lets you watch the process.
- Put ground coffee into the chamber - one scoop for each espresso or five ounce American cup, up to a maximum of four scoops.
AeroPress coffee tastes better because the ground coffee is totally immersed in the hot water, resulting in fast and extensive extraction of the flavour compounds.
The AeroPress method shortens brew time to 20-40 seconds, which avoids the unpleasant bitterness created by slower methods.
As well, the acid level of AeroPress brew is much less than conventional methods, due to the shorter brew time. In fact, laboratory testing measured AeroPress coffee as having under one fifth of the acid generated by regular drip coffee makers.
The end result? Coffee lovers are delighted by the fact that AeroPress brew is more friendly to their stomachs.
- 1 x Aeropress espresso maker
- 1 x Aeropress 350 filter paper set